As part of the Hi-Desert Medical Center team, volunteers provide important services that complement the care provided by our professional staff. From registering patients to running the gift shop, from working in the emergency department to helping shoppers in the thrift store, volunteers are making sure that the needs of patients, families and visitors are met. The men and women serving the Hi-Desert Medical Center Auxiliary continue a tradition of dedicated service to our community.
Last year, this active group of 80 volunteers provided the hospital with more than 25,000 hours. Volunteers are recognized annually by Hi-Desert Medical Center for service hours at a special luncheon. The Auxiliary is an active group, and also raises funds to donate to the hospital and community health programs. As a volunteer, you might help with such matters as greeting patients at the hospital’s lobby front desk or assist with admitting patients. You may be assigned to serve in any of the following areas of Hi-Desert Medical Center or its off-campus programs:
- Thrift Store
- Lobby Gift Shop
- Airway Outpatient Center
- Emergency Department
- Greet guests at the hospital lobby front desk
- Visit and support residents of the Continuing Care Center
What do our more than 80 active volunteers get out of their experience? Lifelong friendships, the feeling of belonging to a group, and the satisfaction of knowing they are making a difference in our community:
- Connect and interact with members of your community
- Make new friends
- Give back to your community by sharing your time and talents
- Share in social activities
- Enjoy the healthy attitude of contributing to a worthy program
The Auxiliary does not offer opportunities for "community service."
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age to receive volunteer status at Hi-Desert Medical Center. There are three levels of membership:
- Active membership: $10 per year. All volunteers must hold membership in the Auxiliary.
- Patron membership: $15 per year (monetary support, inactive membership).
- Life membership: $100 one-time membership with no additional dues. Participation in Auxiliary affairs and volunteer service is encouraged, but not mandatory.
|if you would like to be contacted about becoming a volunteer with Hi-Desert Medical Center Auxiliary|