Licensed by the State of California and fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations and the California Medical Association, the hospital holds membership in the California Healthcare Association and the Hospital Council of Southern California.
The Continuing Care Center provides specialized care to residents. The focus of care is to provide a home-like setting. The Center has 120 beds in semi-private rooms offering three distinct services: subacute care (one of the few facilities in Southern California providing this level of care to residents with ventilator and tracheotomy requirements; transitional care (short-term care for patients requiring rehabilitative therapies, wound care or recovery from invasive procedures); and skilled nursing care (long-term skilled nursing care provided to residents who require assistance with personal care and medical needs.
Hi-Desert Medical Center is a state-designated Basic Emergency Department. Any time of day or night, our board-certified emergency medicine physicians care for patients with medical emergencies. Our goal is to provide visitors with quality, timely and compassionate care.
Airway Outpatient Surgery provides outpatient surgery, diagnostic imaging, mammography, laboratory and bone densitometry services.
The Behavioral Health Centre provides a daily structured environment of intenstive therapy geared toward helping each individual improve quality of life. The professionals at the Hi-Desert Behavioral Health Centre develop specialized threatment plans in a caring, compassionate environment.
Hi-Desert Family Health Clinics in Yucca Valley and Twentynine Palms offer healthcare services for Medi-Cal patients.
Hi-Desert Home Health is available to continue a loved one's care at home. The team includes qualified professionals committed to providing dependable, reliable care for home-bound patients. The professional staff coordinates care with the patient's physician.
Hi-Desert Hospice Services provides comforting and compassionate care to assist patients and families at the end of life. The highly-skilled and caring team provides a multidisciplinary approach that includes symptom management, spiritual, psychosocial and bereavement support while acknowledging each individual's unique needs.
The Special Additions Family Birthing Center has all of the comforts of home combined with state-of-the-art medical equipment, all backed by highly-skilled nurses specially trained in obstetrics and gynecology. The goal is to provide a family-centered philosophy of care to parents and baby.
GROWING WITH THE COMMUNITY
Growing along with the community is a major goal of Hi-Desert Medical Center. Here are some recent examples:
- A new 64-slice Computer Tomography (CT) scanner: the most advanced 64-detector row CT scanner available, produces images of even the smallest vessels and tissues - such as those in the heart and lungs -- with superior image quality, enabling quick and precise disgnostics.
- State-of-the art fixed-site Magnetic Resonance Imaging System (MRI) is improving diagnostic capability for our patients.
- Expanded access to medical specialists: surgery, orthopedics, cardiology and pediatrics.
COMMUNITY OUTREACH PROGRAM
Hi-Desert Medical Center offers a variety of community programs and services. These include:
- Physician referral service at 760/366-6182
- Community health education lectures
- Community support groups that meet on the medical center campus
- Diabetes education program
- Health fairs
- Partnership with Copper Mountain College RN and LVN training
- Helen Gray Education Center on the medical center campus offering meeting and event space for community organizations.