You want only the best for your child from the very beginning of life… a healthy development, a safe delivery and a joyful welcome into your family. The first step toward your baby’s good health actually begins with you. Your lifestyle choices, including good nutrition, regular exercise, and avoiding smoking, alcohol and drugs create a safe environment for your developing baby.
Special Additions Prenatal Education Program helps moms-to-be make healthy adjustments in your lifestyle as early as possible to ensure good health for baby. Celebrating more than 10 years of regionally-recognized prenatal education, this is the most complete prenatal program in the Morongo Basin. Staff can help with every aspect of planning for your Special Addition. Services include:
- Free pregnancy testing
- Assistance in applying for Medi-Cal if needed
- Referral to an OB/GYN
- Breastfeeding education and support
- Lactation consultant
- Referral to Women, Infant and Children’s (WIC) services
- Dietitian and diabetic education
- Car seat program
- Counseling referral
- Community resource referrals
Located on the campus of Hi-Desert Medical Center, 6601 White Feather Road, Joshua Tree Medical Arts Building, Suite A5
Please call us at 760-366-6370 so we can help you be successful in the health of your child.
- We have written breastfeeding policy that is routinely communicated to all healthcare staff
- We train all healthcare staff in skills necessary to implement this policy
- We inform all pregnant women about the benefits and management of breastfeeding
- We help all mothers initiate breastfeeding within one hour of birth
- We show mothers how to breastfeed and how to maintain lactation even if they should be separated from their infants
- We give newborn infants no food or drink other than breast milk
- We practice rooming-in, allowing mothers and infants to remain together 24/7
- We encourage breastfeeding on demand
- We give no artificial teats or pacifiers
- We foster the establishment of breastfeeding support groups and refer mother to them on discharge from the hospital or clinic.
In the United States, the benefits of breastfeeding could translate into millions of dollars of savings to our healthcare system through decreased hospitalizations and pediatric clinic visits. A decreased risk of diarrhea, respiratory and ear infections and allergic skin disorders are among the many benefits of breasfeeding to infants in the industrialized world.
Breastfeeding Support Store
Breastfeeding and lactation support available Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Same day appointments are available. Call for an appointment. Please call for help, do not wait for soreness or problems to occur. You can be successful at breastfeeding. The Breastfeeding Supply Store is located in our office. Available products include bras, pumps, storage bags, and many more items to make breastfeeding convenient. Drop in and browse, no appointment is needed.
Double electric breast pump - $30/month
Double electric pump kit - $48.87 (required to operate Medela Lactina pump)