Find out How Hi-Desert Medical Center Cares for the Morongo Basin Community
At Hi-Desert Medical Center, we’ve been caring for the Morongo Basin community by providing outstanding health care services for more than 40 years. We’re the primary health services provider in the area, serving a population of more than 68,000. The health and well-being of these residents, and all our patients, is our top priority. Our quality care is made possible by our compassionate, qualified staff, advanced technology and a warm, family-like atmosphere that fosters healing.
You’ll find our 59-bed acute primary care hospital in Joshua Tree, California, on the principal campus of the Hi-Desert Medical Center, which affiliated with Tenet Healthcare on July 15, 2015.
Our First-Rate Services
Our services include a wide range of quality inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation services, home health and hospice services, and a variety of community outreach services. These services also include:
- 24/7 Emergency Department. Any time day or night, our board-certified emergency medical team cares for patients with medical emergencies.
- Airway Outpatient Surgery. Providing outpatient surgery, diagnostic imaging, mammography, laboratory and bone densitometry services.
- Behavioral Health Center. Specialized treatment plans are developed in a caring, compassionate environment.
- Continuing Care Center. Offering three distinct services — subacute, transitional and skilled nursing care — in a home-like setting.
- Hi-Desert Home Health. Continue a loved one’s care at home with the coordinated treatment of our professional staff and the patient’s doctor.
- Hi-Desert Hospice Services. These services provide comforting and compassionate care to assist patients, and families, at the end of life.
- The Special Additions Family Birthing Center. All of the comforts of home are combined with a team of highly skilled obstetrics and gynecology team.
- Expanded access to medical specialists. From surgery and orthopedics to cardiology and pediatrics, we have the care you need.
Innovation Meets Compassion
Our facilities ensure our patients receive state-of-the-art treatments and technology to help promote accurate diagnosis, expert treatment and thorough follow-up. Our up-to-date technology includes:
- New 64-slice computed tomography (CT) scanner: This advanced 64-detector row CT scanner produces images of even the smallest vessels and tissues — such as those in the heart and lungs — with superior image quality, enabling quick and precise diagnostics.
- New 3-D Mammography: We’re the only facility in the Morongo Basin to offer advanced 3-D digital mammography for breast cancer screening.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) system: This state-of-the-art, fixed-site system is dramatically improving diagnostic capability for our patients.
- Phacoemulsification equipment: This technology offers our patients up-to-date treatment for cataract surgery.
Hi-Desert Medical Center is licensed by the state of California and fully accredited by The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations and the California Medical Association.
Committed to Your Care
With a focus on patient-centered care, Hi-Desert Medical Center is committed to serving the health needs of you and your family. For more information, please call (760) 366-6182.