Hi-Desert Medical Center makes a difference in the lives of our community. How? Our people.
Would you like to join Hi-Desert family? Looking for career opportunities that are both challenging and fulfilling? Look no further. Hi-Desert Medical Center offers opportunities for growth that will allow you to follow your passions and goals. All in a beautiful setting surrounded by majestic mountain views and star-filled nights close to the natural wonders of Joshua Tree National Park and the desert paradise of Palm Springs..
Why Join the Hi-Desert Family?
Our hospital and healthcare outpatient services are dedicated to superior service — to both patients and employees. People are our first priority and we are known for our warm, friendly atmosphere and caring team.
At Hi-Desert Medical Center, you’ll find:
- Our Medical Center, a 59-bed acute primary care hospital in Joshua Tree, California, on the principal campus of the Hi-Desert Medical Center, which affiliated with Tenet Healthcare on July 15, 2015. At Hi-Desert Medical Center, we’ve been caring for the Morongo Basin community by providing outstanding health care services for more than 40 years. We’re the primary health services provider in the area, serving a population of more than 68,000. The health and well-being of these residents, and all our patients, is our top priority. Our quality care is made possible by our compassionate, qualified staff, advanced technology and a warm, family-like atmosphere that fosters healing.
- Our state-designated Basic Emergency Department. Any time of day or night, our board-certified emergency medicine physicians care for patients with medical emergencies. Our goal is to provide visitors with quality, timely and compassionate care.
- Our long term care skilled nursing facility, the Continuing Care Center which provides specialized care to residents. The focus of care is to provide a home-like setting. The Center has 120 beds in semi-private rooms offering three distinct services: subacute care (one of the few facilities in Southern California providing this level of care to residents with ventilator and tracheotomy requirements); transitional care (short-term care for patients requiring rehabilitative therapies, wound care or recovery from invasive procedures); and skilled nursing care (long-term skilled nursing care provided to residents who require assistance with personal care and medical needs.)
- Our Airway Outpatient Surgery which provides cataracts outpatient surgery, diagnostic imaging, mammography, laboratory and bone densitometry services out of Yucca Valley, CA.
- Our Behavioral Health Services provides a daily structured environment of intensive therapy geared toward helping each individual improve quality of life. The professionals at the Hi-Desert Behavioral Health Centre develop specialized treatment plans in a caring, compassionate environment.
- Our Hi-Desert Home Health is available to continue a loved one's care at home. The team includes qualified professionals committed to providing dependable, reliable care for home-bound patients. The professional staff coordinates care with the patient's physician.
- Our Hi-Desert Hospice Services provides comforting and compassionate care to assist patients and families at the end of life. The highly-skilled and caring team provides a multidisciplinary approach that includes symptom management, spiritual, psychosocial and bereavement support while acknowledging each individual's unique needs.
- Our Special Additions Family Birthing Center which is located inside of our Medical Center. Our Birthing Center has all of the comforts of home combined with medical equipment, all backed by highly-skilled nurses specially trained in obstetrics and gynecology. The goal is to provide a family-centered philosophy of care to parents and baby.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes:
- Medical/vision/dental/life insurance after the 31st day of employment
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Relocation assistance
- Online educational program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time-off program
- Employee stock purchase plan
Our focus is on leadership, growth and philanthropy. That philosophy can enhance your own approach to healthcare and your medical-career goals. In addition to career counseling, Hi-Desert Medical Center offers these programs to help our employees grow toward those goals:
Learn about Career Advancement Programs
Online options are available for continuing education and for specialty and degree-completion programs.
We are an equal-opportunity employer
At Hi-Desert Medical Center, we are committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.
At Hi-Desert Medical Center, our physicians provide primary and specialty care in a diverse, growing community. We offer a wide variety of rewarding practice opportunities as a medical staff member. Together, our doctors make a significant difference our community by helping our patient’s live healthier lives.
Our facility offers a wide range of specialty opportunities, such as:
- Family practice
- Internal medicine
- General surgery
- General Non-Invasive Cardiology
- Out Patient Psychiatry
When you join Hi-Desert, you’re joining a team of health care professionals dedicated to compassionate, collaborative care.To see our current exciting physician opportunities.
Please visit our physician opportunities