As part of patient visitation rights, all patients of Hi-Desert Medical Center have the right to receive designated visitors. Our patients also have the right to withdraw or deny such consent at any time. Visitors will not be restricted, limited, or otherwise denied visitation privileges on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or disability. In addition, our hospital visitation rights support the patient’s right in allowing a support person visitation if there is NOT a valid clinical restriction or limitation.
Children supervised by an adult are welcome at Hi-Desert Medical Center. Children must remain with the adult who is supervising them at all times, and this supervising adult must not be the patient. Certain areas may have visitor limitations based on clinical or safety considerations.
Family Birthing Center Visitation
At Hi-Desert Medical Center, we take infant and child security very seriously. Our Family Birthing Center is equipped with a state-of-the-art infant security system. In addition, we ask that all visitors to the birthing center show proper identification. Siblings of all ages may visit with their mother and new sibling during the labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum period with the approval of the nurse. The doctor must approve attendance at delivery. Parents will be required to provide assistance and adult supervision for children under age 16 during delivery. All siblings under 16 must be accompanied by an adult caretaker.
For the safety and comfort of everyone, we ask the following of all visitors:
- All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by adults at all times.
- Visitors may be asked to leave a patient’s room when a doctor, nurse or other staff member enters to provide treatment.
- Please respect our patients by maintaining a quiet and respectful environment.
- Limit your visiting time and leave promptly.
- Ask your nurse before bringing food.
- Please observe proper handwashing techniques before entering patient rooms.
- Use bathrooms in designated public areas only (located near administration offices and the emergency department lobby).
- Follow the “no smoking” policy of our hospital (no smoking in building; smoking allowed in designated areas; no smoking within 20 feet of an entrance).
- Respect limits placed on visits by nursing staff.
- Be clean and free of infections and colds.
- Do not sit on or use empty beds unless authorized by a nurse.
- Please do not use cellular phones in the hospital as they can interfere with medical equipment.