Request Medical Records
Easy Ways to Access Your Medical Records
At Hi-Desert, we know how important it is for you to have access to your medical information — from lab tests to scan results and other medical records. So we offer three convenient ways to request your records.
- In person — by visiting our office at this address:
Health Information Management Department
Hi-Desert Medical Center
6601 White Feather Drive
Joshua Tree, CA 92252
Our office is located on the medical center campus in the main hospital building. Enter the main entrance and turn left at the hallway. The medical records office door is on the right side of the hallway before you reach the nurses' desk.
- By phone — by calling (760) 366-6145 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday (we’re closed weekends and holidays). Once you’ve filled out the specified release form, either bring it with you to the hospital or fax it to (760) 366-6241.
- Online — through our Patient Portal.
How to Obtain Copies of Records
- Download the “Authorization for Release of Protected Health Information” form or request the form by phone or in person (see details above).
- Fill out the authorization form, complete with your signature and the date.
- List the medical records desired and dates of service.
- Provide government-issued photo identification, such as a driver's license. Include a copy of this ID when you mail or fax your form.
- Submit the completed authorization to the Health Information Management office in person or by mail to the address above, or by fax to: (760) 366-6241. (Include your telephone number in case we need to contact you before releasing the information.)
Please allow 14 business days for processing your request.
Medical Record Delivery
Medical records can be delivered to you in two ways:
- To you, directly. This method will involve a clerical processing fee of $15 plus $.25 per page for copies, which is allowed by California State Law.
- To your doctor’s office. The records can be mailed or faxed directly to your doctor’s office without charge.
Questions About This Process?
Call the Health Information Management Department at (760) 366-6145.