Recipe: Mini Meatloaves
You don’t have to completely give up meat to keep the ticker ticking. Choose lean cuts such as sirloin, loin or round cuts. And keep them lean by baking, broiling, grilling, braising or roasting. These mini meatloaves cook in muffin cups for convenient serving.
Makes 8 servings
- 10 oz 90% lean ground beef
- 10 oz lean ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup ketchup, divided
- 3 tbsp 1% milk
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat 8 muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Mix beef, turkey, egg, oats, parsley, 2 tbsp ketchup, milk, onion, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
3. Form the mixture into 8 balls and place in the prepared muffin cups. Combine the remaining 2 tbsp ketchup and Worcestershire sauce and spread about 1/2 tsp over each mini meatloaf.
4. Place the muffin pan on a baking sheet. Bake the meatloaves for 25 to 30 minutes or until their internal temperature reaches 160°F. Pour off fat before serving.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 171 cal; Total Fat 9.5 gm; Total Carbs 5 gm; Sugar 2.6 gm; Fiber 0.6 gm; Protein 15 gm; Sodium 361 mg