Diagnostic Imaging for an Accurate Diagnosis
Diagnostic imaging is often the first step in diagnosing and treating disease. Imaging tests can examine bones, blood vessels and organs, allowing doctors to diagnose tumors, identify causes of internal pain and more — all quickly and with little or no discomfort.
We’re proud to offer diagnostic imaging technologies at both our Hi-Desert Medical Imaging department and our convenient Airway Outpatient Imaging Center in Yucca Valley.
Benefits of Our Care
- Our services are provided by experienced radiography staff and a board-certified radiologist.
- We also provide 24-hour access to remote specialized radiologists with subspecialty board certification.
- All staff members are licensed by the state of California and by the ARRT, a national registry.
Philosophy of Care
Our philosophy of care is simple: Prompt courteous service and quality imaging service that produces quality results. We also pride ourselves on prompt service — many patients are seen the same day.
Our technologies include:
- General radiography: diagnostic X-ray of the body's internal tissues, bones and organs.
- 64-slice computed tomography scan (CT or CAT Scan): This state-of-the-art 64-slice X-ray technology provides detailed cross-sectional views of the muscles, bones, internal organs and structures from outside the body. It produces images of even the smallest vessels and tissues with superior image quality, enabling quick and precise diagnostics.
- 3-D mammography — the only one in High Desert: The mammogram uses low dose X-rays to detect the microscopic changes and abnormalities in breast tissue.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI): Highly sophisticated imaging that uses a magnetic field and radio waves to produce very clear pictures of areas such as the brain, spine, bones, chest, abdomen and pelvis.
- Ultrasound: Sound waves used to create still pictures and live views of blood vessels, tissues, organs and other body parts. Often used for obstetric exams, ultrasound-guided biopsy, ultrasound-guided cyst aspiration and more.
- Nuclear medicine: Radioactive isotopes injected as a contrast material are then captured by a nuclear medicine camera for better evaluation of organ function and structure. A nuclear medicine test is often used to examine soft tissues like the heart and brain to analyze blood flow or diagnose tumors.
- Bone densitometry: This noninvasive test uses low-dose X-rays to assess the density of bones — an important first step in detecting bone loss and early onset osteoporosis. Bone densitometry services are provided at the Airway Outpatient Center in Yucca Valley.
- Interventional services: Interventional services (treatment guided by imaging) are also provided, including stereotactic breast biopsy and arthrograms.
- To schedule a mammography appointment, call (760) 366-6358.
- To schedule an appointment for a diagnostic test ordered by your doctor, call (760) 366-6358.
- For more information about our imaging services, call (760) 366-6175.