Our Partnership with Radisphere National Radiology Group
At Hi-Desert Medical Center, we strive to find advanced technology and partnerships that enable us to deliver the top-quality health care you need. One of those partnerships is with the Radisphere National Radiology Group. This partnership allows us to exclusively provide full-service radiology coverage to our patients.
What Is Radiology?
Radiology is a medical specialty that uses imaging to diagnose and treat diseases. From X-rays to MRIs to CT scans, these scans are interpreted or “read” by a radiologist, who then produces a report of his or her findings, impressions or diagnosis. Your doctor then refers to this report when making a diagnosis and planning your course of treatment.
What Radisphere Offers
Radisphere offers subspecialty and emergency department reports and consultative services to doctors. It is the largest teleradiology provider of final reports in the U.S., and has the largest subspecialty teleradiology team in the U.S., providing interpretations for orthopedic surgeons that treat several professional sports teams in the NFL, NHL, MLB and NBA.
Our new Radisphere radiology team includes more than 35 radiologists emphasizing collaborative patient care. Team members are:
- Board certified by the American Board of Radiology
- Fully trained U.S. trained radiologists
- Subspecialists: neuroradiologists with Certificates of Added Qualification (CAQs), and musculoskeletal, body, nighttime/ED, cardiac, oncologic, pediatric and women’s imaging specialists
- Experienced and motivated: Prior to joining, Radisphere doctors must have three to five years of academic experience and/or fellowship training, have interpreted at least 10,000 studies within their subspecialty area, be published and focus exclusively on their subspecialty.
- Modality specialists: Each has extensive training in advanced modalities such as MR, MDCT and PET/CT and advanced applications of these modalities.
- Professional Academic Members: With memberships in the American Roentgen Ray Society; Society for Magnetic Resonance Imaging; American, European and International Skeletal Societies; Radiological Society of North America; American College of Radiology; American Society of Neuroradiologists; American Society of Head and Neck Radiologists; American Society of Spine Radiologists; and American Society of Pediatric Neuroradiologists.
For more information about our imaging services, please call (760) 366-6175.